The Lepidopterist Tour of Albania
- Meet in Tirana in the morning.
- Drive to Shkodra. Lunch in Shkodra and then on to the beautiful deep valley of Theth. Overnight in Theth.
- We’ll explore and adventure around the area of Theth, visit the village and take time to see what butterflies and moths we find around. Overnight in Theth.
- We’ll hike to a nearby meadow with the presence of a lot of insects, butterflies, springs and views of stunning wild mountains all around. Back to Theth for the overnight.
- Transfer back and exploration of the shores of the large and beautiful Lake of Shkodra. Visit the Rozafa Castle in Shkodra. Overnight in Shkodra.
- Early departure to Koman. Take the ferry and cross to the eastern side of the huge artificial but beautiful lake. Drive to Valbona. Check in at hotel. Overnight in Valbona.
- Full day exploring the meadows and the fields of Valbona. More than 50 kinds of butterflies can be expected to be found only in this part of Albania in the months of June, July and eventually August. Overnight in Valbona.
- Finish up with morning plans.
- Depart for Tirana for flight home or transfer elsewhere (we’d be happy to discuss this!)
- All expenses for your guides/driver.
- Fuel and AC car/minibus/4WD rental depending on terrain.
- Local taxes.
- 6 Nights in Standard double rooms in charming small local hotels.
- All breakfasts, picnic lunches and dinners too. It will include lunch until day 7 when we expect to get to the area of the airport of Tirana. We’ll be happy to extend our services in case need will be.
- VAT tax.